Terms of Service
Thank you for reading Castles Furniture Ltd's (‘Castles Furniture’ ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) terms and conditions. Our postal address is The Old Sorting Office, Northern Road, Cosham, Hampshire, PO6 3AB.
These terms relate to orders made in store, online or over the telephone. Please read carefully as once you have placed your order you will be bound by these Terms and Conditions which shall prevail over any and all terms proposed by you.
1. We make every effort to describe products offered for sale as accurately as possible, however due to continual product improvements and development by ourselves and our suppliers, we reserve the right to add, remove or amend products without notice.
2. Pictures and dimensions are given, where ever possible, are supplied by the manufacturers and displayed by us in good faith and they should be used as a guide only. All of our furniture is made from natural wood and therefore appearances may vary, we also supply a ranges that are rustic by design, these involve the use of manmade distressing techniques and antiquing. Knots, medullary rays and heavy graining are also common place.
3. All ranges are handmade and so there are varying tolerances where shelves, doors and drawers are concerned. In particular, if you are ordering an item where the dimensions are critical, please contact us before ordering and we will make further enquiries on your behalf as no two pieces will be completely identical.
4. Leather goods are made from natural leather and so will not always have a uniform colour or texture and may exhibit natural markings such as scars or graining in the leather.
5. Most of our products do not require home assembly, however on occasions, to aid delivery, it is best to have bulkier items made into sections, if however you decide to take advantage of our delivery service then these items (excluding bunk, guest and cabin beds) will be assembled for you. It will not be our responsibility to deliver, unpack or assemble furniture in locations that have no reasonable access for the items being delivered.
6. If you decide that you would rather collect you will find these self-assembly items simple to construct and we will give you as much help and advice to aid in their assembly, if you then require us to come to your address to assemble on your behalf, we will be pleased to do so but there will be a charge for this service, please call for further advice on these charges.
7. All prices are inclusive of VAT, where appropriate, at the prevailing rate and are subject to any promotional offer or discount.
8. We are constantly working to improve your experience on our site and in store but where an error is made regarding a price we are not honour bound to sell at any price where it has been indicated to you that this has been displayed in error. In these cases a full refund will be offered.
9. Full payment shall be taken at time of order.
10. We reserve the right to cancel and refund any order, at any time.
11. We endeavour to hold as much stock as is possible with the resources at our disposal but from time to time we do have to order goods in from various sources to fulfil your order, if we have items in stock we will deliver as quickly as we can and once you have placed an order with us we can advise of a delivery date, if however on the rare occasion we have to order goods in to complete your order we will quote a lead time of 6-8 weeks on most products. If you would like to confirm stock availability then please call before you order and we will happily check levels for you.
12. We only deliver to mainland UK addresses.
13. You are responsible for providing safe means of access from the public highway to the place of delivery. If at any point our delivery teams deem any access unsafe or hazardous they will not deliver until safe access is provided.
14. Where, in the opinion of our delivery crew, there is a problem with access, either due to size or weight issues, then delivery will be completed to the customer's door only. If goods are rejected by the customer due to access issues, only 50% of the goods sale value will be refunded.
15. Our delivery teams make every effort to arrive within an AM or PM time slot which can be confirmed if you call the day before delivery, but this is no guarantee of an exact delivery time, customers who fail to keep to this agreed day/time slot to receive their furniture waste time and fuel, creating unnecessary expense and delay for other customers, we therefore regret that we must levy a £39 charge on customers who fail to keep to their delivery arrangements.
16. You may cancel your order within 10 days of placement without charge, cancelling any order after this time will result in a cancellation fee of 20% of the invoice total.
17. If, on receipt of goods, you choose within 10 days to return them, your only liability will be the full costs of delivery and collection and cancellation fee of 20% of the total value of goods to be returned.
18. Full costs for delivery and collection will be determined by Castles furniture.
19. All furniture from us comes with a standard 1-year guarantee against manufacturing defects. Should a problem manifest itself within this period the furniture will be repaired or replaced at our discretion.
20. The guarantee does not cover for fair wear and tear and natural characteristics of wooden products including movement in wooden products; neglect; repairs by a third party or misuse of your goods; loss or damage due to fire, smoke, water, lightening, sunlight, weathering, rusting, corrosion, theft or explosion; accidental damage or loss or damage caused by a third party.
21. In the unlikely event that goods are damaged on arrival or during the delivery our liability is limited to the repair, replacement or refund of the goods delivered, we do not pay compensation beyond these limits.
22. We will not be liable for any loss incurred through any reasonable delay in delivery due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control or any reasonable rescheduling of deliveries.
23. In the unlikely event that there is an issue with your goods on arrival you have up until 7 days following delivery to report any damage, but claims must be supported by photographs and it is the responsibility of the customer to show the damage has not been caused by misuse or mishandling following delivery.
24. Every effort is made to ensure the complete accuracy of our site, however some of the details/prices contained within my change from time to time and it is possible that errors will occur. We will use our best endeavours to rectify any errors, as swiftly as possible but we cannot be responsible for any losses incurred.